Monday, April 16, 2012

ARTICLE - KANZKI REJECTS ACCUSATIONS

PIERRE-EDOUARD KANZKI REJECTS THE ACCUSATIONS OF A PLOT
(Haiti Libre) -

Pierre-Edouard Kanzki, whose name is mentioned in a joint statement of the Dominican and Haitian governments, on Thursday, April 12, as supposedly being involved in a plot in Haiti to destabilize the government of President Michel Martelly, in complicity with the retired Dominican Colonel Pedro Julio Goico, rejects all allegations implicating him in an alleged plot against the Haitian government.

Statement of Mr. Pierre-Edouard Kanzki:
"In sensational articles, the Dominican press reported a plot that I would have fomented against President Joseph Michel Martelly. What a joke!

Indeed I participated actively alongside our mutual friend Wyclef Jean, in the election of President Martelly, and I hardly see me turning overnight against our candidate, for whom I have worked so hard and enthusiastically.

It happens that in parallel, having resided in the Dominican Republic for over 10 years, I have developed a special relationship with various sectors of the Dominican Republic; Retired General Pedro Julio Goico (aka Pepe Goico).

Pepe is like me, an avid fan of motorcycles and since then, we have friendly relations on a regular basis and we maintain mundane conversations on the phone.

It is obvious that these fanciful accusations are much more related to internal issues related to the upcoming Presidential election in the Dominican Republic, dominated today by an overheated campaign between candidates of the PRD (Hippolito Mejia) and of PLD (Danilo Medina), scheduled to take place next May 20. I reject all the unjust accusations brought against me, especially that of plotting against the security of the Haitian state.

I'll put myself at the disposal of the justice of my country to shed light on this nebulous affair."

No comments: