Friday, October 21, 2011

ARTICLE - MARTELLY - ENCOURAGES PRESS

PRESIDENT MARTELLY ASKS THE PRESS TO CONTINUE TO ATTACK HIM
(Defend Haiti) -

PORT-AU-PRINCE - President Michel Martelly renewed his commitment to press freedom on Wednesday by asking the press to continue to attack him.

At a ceremony to inaugurate the Cabinet of Ministers for the Martelly-Conille government, the Head of State affirmed that freedom of the press and opinions would be respected, reflecting on passionate exchanges with members of the press that have followed his presidency since even the campaign.

In a tone of humor, the Head of State expressed hopes that the press would continue to attack him to free his prime minister from experiencing the same scrutiny and allowing him to continue to do his work. In return, the Head of State promised to continue to provide public outbursts of audacious vulgarity to satisfy the press core.

"The press that has been attacking me for several days now, don't attack the prime minister please, you all may continue with me."

"Stay with me and I will continue to give you little responses to make you hot; I know the press likes that too. So they can have some things to say."

"Continue to come at me, I will always have something for you. Every 2 or 3 days I'll give you something spicy..."

"Let the PM continue to work if you please. It's time to rebuild Haiti."

No comments: