Friday, May 14, 2010

photos - various - part 6

World Cup fever is here in Haiti. Flags are displayed along the wall of College Baptiste Guilgal, the school where Fedner, Johnny and Herold attend. The Canadian flag is hanging there I think because the Montreal Canadians have advanced in the Stanley Cup playoffs! There was rioting in the streets in Montreal to celebrate their 7th game win. Go Canada!

The Haitian people are patriotic too. Next week, May 18th is "Flag Day" here in Haiti and is considered a national holiday.

Kimosabee got injured Friday morning. This truck from Sarafina tried to squeeze by and there wasn't enough room.

The left turn signal cover was broken.

The driver of the truck is trying to put it back on but it is damaged. I am going to use duct tape to hold it on until I can get another cover. This man has either an "Uh-oh" look on his face or he is biting his lip to stop from laughing. I tried to get him to give me some money to fix it but he wouldn't. Maybe I'll contact Sarafina his employer!




No comments: