Tuesday, December 6, 2011

ACCIDENT

I have been absent from the blogging world for the last month. I went to Canada from November 9th to the 30th for some vacation time. The last couple of years I never really took a rest. Even though my last visit to Canada was in July I kept busy doing work and even did work on the blog almost every day. I came back to Haiti in August feeling drained. This time I rested for the 3 weeks and felt refreshed. I came back to Haiti with a small team on the 30th and they helped to build a school shelter, and also 4 tables and benches as well. It was a busy time and I didn't have computer time then either. We decided to take a special trip out to Sous Zabette so that everyone could go swimming and we rented a tap-tap. Amos drove and I took the visitors in Kimosabee. There are other circumstances that happened but the sad part was that Amos lost control of the tap tap after swerving to avoid another vehicle and the tap tap rolled a couple of times. 19 people from Coram Deo were inside. A couple of the guys dove out the back of the tap-tap before it started to roll. Miraculously nobody lost their life. Some of the children were pinned under the tap tap. Benson's right fibula and tibia were fractured. People lifted up the tap tap so that those under it could be removed. After receiving first aid care and a splint being put on his leg at a small medical clinic in the Croix des Bouquets area we brought Benson to the Bernard Mevs/Project Medishare Hospital. The trauma team gave him excellent care. They also looked at a couple of the other more banged up people who were in the tap-tap. Basically everyone was banged up in some way but some are hurting more than others. Pray for all those recovering from their bruises, cuts, etc. They are: Paulna, Witney, Witney's cousin, Solyvien, Yvens, Reginald, Vernaldino, Benson, Stephanie, Sony, Amos, Jn. Eddy, Rosquini, Herode.
We give the Lord thanks for his provision of life after this accident. I will write an update on everything that has been occurring here at Coram Deo when I get some time. I just wanted people to know that I am still here and more importantly that everyone at Coram Deo is still here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen, we are so thankful that most were unharmed in the accident, we pray that God will heal Benson and Reginald speedily and grant them and you patience as they recover. We pray that God strenghten you to continue your task that he has given you.
you are doing a great job!!!

Jeff