Friday, December 30, 2011

ARTICLE - INT'L FOOTBALLER BEATEN

INTERNATIONAL HAITIAN FOOTBALLER ASSAULTED BY POLICE OFFICER
(Defend Haiti) -

MIREBALAIS – The international Haitian soccer player, Jeff Louis, 18, who plays on the French football club, Le Mans, was beaten Wednesday, December 28 by a policeman in his home town Mirebalais, where he spent his holiday season with family.

The midfielder of the French club, Le Mans, tried to move his car when he was attacked by a policeman. The former player of AS Mirbalais said that he "had nothing to do with his attacker,". This can be read on the website of the Association of Sports Journalists.

"I'm frustrated. In France, I am a star in my country and here I’m nothing, "said the victim.

"After hanging out with my friends Wednesday night, I was about to enter my car and leave when suddenly a policeman came along and ordered me to leave. I told him that I was going to do so, but he attacked me with his stick, striking me repeatedly, "said the playmaker of the team Le Mans.

"Usually when I'm in Haiti, I spend my vacation in Mirebalais, where are my former teammates of my former club AS Mirebalais," said Jeff Louis who left Haiti Thursday morning for Paris.

No comments: