Sunday, January 8, 2012

photos - various - part 2

These cows look a lot different than the cows here in Haiti.
Walking by the outside pens I felt like somebody was watching me and turned around to see these cows watching me. Cows are a curious sort of creature :)
This enclosure looks like it could be for a hockey rink or maybe the frame for a large swimming pool but it is none of these items. This is the "poop pool", where all the cows waste goes into. I took this picture to show the people here. They were shocked that the pool was so large :)
I also had the opportunity to visit my nephew John in his special needs class at Clarke Road Secondary School. They have an excellent special needs program. One of the best tools to teach children is through music and John loves music. He learns by it. It is amazing how fast he picks up songs. Here he is with his drum. He loves to beat the drum.
For a special 1/2 hour each Friday they have a sing-a-long session. A musician comes in to play music with and for the children.

No comments: