Friday, March 16, 2012

ARTICLE - LAURENT LAMOTHE SUBMITS DOCS.

LAURENT LAMOTHE SUBMITTED 58 DOCUMENTS TO THE SENATE
(Haiti Libre) -

In the early afternoon, the Prime Minister-designate, Laurent Salvador Lamothe, currently the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Religious Affairs, submitted his documents to the Senate of the Republic.

His main interest declared on the social networks before submitting his documents is that his "government will be an open government", before declaring "I just do my duty according to the wishes of section 157 of the Constitution of 1987."

After having presented his documents, Laurent Lamothe declared "...firstly, I would like to thank the senators who took the time to see me today; who made it quickly [...] Secondly, I would like to say that wehave submitted 58 documents.

On the question of the rumor of residence, we gave all the certificates. All documents are here, and I hope that the rumors remain rumors. The reality is that all my certificates are here, and that all things are in order [...]

We gave all the documents they asked of us to give, and the process will proceed, the Commission will analyze the documents, give a report... I think that in the interest of the population, in the interest of the country, I meet all the prerequisites of the Constitution, and I will make the best of myself, with the same dynamism to the Primature, and to serve the people. What is important is that the population finds the services, so that the social inclusion movement, reduces inequalities and puts the country onto the path of sustainable development [...]

I think that the situation is not easy. I am not able to perform miracles. I will need the support of Parliament, of the President, of the Haitian people, of the press, and I will need the support of all Haitians.... for the dream that everyone has for the country, that they help me to make this dream a reality..."

Yesterday, the President of the Senate, Simon Dieuseul Desras had written to President Martelly, to inform him that the Special Commission [composed of Senators: Jean Rodolphe Joazile, Kély C. Bastien, Franky Exius, Melius Hyppolite, Jean Baptiste Bien Aimé, Jeanty Jean William, Lucas Sainvil] are in charge of studying the record of the Prime Minister-designate, Laurent Lamothe, and was ready to receive the documents, while citing 14 important points relating to the documents, required for the ratification of the Prime Minister.

Recall that President Martelly had chosen the Foreign Minister as the Prime Minister designate in early March, following the resignation of Garry Conille on February 24. Mr. Lamothe is the fourth Prime Minister-designate.

The Commission has a period of 15 days to review the documents of the Prime Minister-designate, Laurent Lamothe, before presenting its report to the Assembly of Senators.

More to come...

No comments: