Thursday, June 24, 2010

CANADA HIT BY AN EARTHQUAKE

I was really looking forward to going to Canada on June 29th and not having to worry about earthquakes, aftershocks and things going on in Haiti for 3 weeks and I sure was surprised when on the internet yesterday afternoon was news of an earthquake in Canada of a 5.0 magnitude. I am letting my family know that if there are any aftershocks in Canada while I am there to not be surprised that I decide to sleep in a tent. Sleeping in a tent is very comfortable! We spent 3 months in tents in our yard after the earthquake in January and it was comfortable and cooler than sleeping in the house and with less mosquitoes!

The following is a video about the earthquake in Canada. Follow the link to:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5keiy3zuzA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, I have a new respect for you and all that went through the earthquake. I was working at my desk and thought that someone was playing a pratical joke on me. We are reminded again and again that God is in control - no matter where we live. All the best.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Karen - You have been good to alert us to triggers like this about the people from time to time, so I've been praying this for everyone in Haiti (including you) who went through the quake and experience the aftershocks, as well as other strong triggers, for I know how I suffered for many years when I'd hear wind after I'd gone through a rare hurricane force winds in my city when I was a child. I will continue to pray. Have a good time while in Canada. Really appreciate all the posts. Janet