Sunday, March 18, 2012

ARTICLE - NEW JUSTICES

SWEARING OF JUDGES RAYMOND JEAN-MICHEL AND MARIE JOCELYNE CASIMIR
(Haiti Libre) -

Mr. Roudy Aly, Director General of the Ministry of Justice, has presided at the ceremony of swearing in of the judges Raymond Jean-Michel, the new Dean of the Court of First Instance, and Marie Jocelyne Casimir, the former Dean, promoted to judge of the Court of Appeal.

Excerpts of the speech, of the new Dean, Raymond Jean-Michel
"[...] [...] Life in itself is not static. It is dynamic, and in dynamism it always brings change. Mdm. Casimir goes. I offer her my congratulations, because she has done her best to ensure the management of this court. My oath today made ​​me her successor. The innovations of Mdm. Casimir will be followed with all the changes that the current circumstances require.

To this well-deserved promotion, obtained after approximately more than 15 years in the Haitian judicial system, sometimes as a substitute government commissioner near the prosecution of the Court of First Instance of Port-au-Prince, sometimes, as judge to the Special court of Work of Port-au-Prince, I believe that the authorities have done justice to me, because I had integrated into the system on October 9, 1996.

[...] I open widely my arms with all that words that are permanent and sustainable to all my fellow judges of the court. Their contribution will be very useful to me. Without their collaboration, no progress would be possible in the management of the court. Besides these fellow judges and I, we are of the same generation. My success is their success. My failure is also theirs. I will take into account all stakeholders of the system: bailiffs, clerks, litigants, lawyers, board members of the Bar of Port-au-Prince [...] I solemnly appeal all these players to join the Dean in an elbow to elbow fraternality mixed with a patriotic fervor unlike any others, so that we make of this court an important tribunal that really gives justice to whom justice is due."

Excerpts of the speech, of the judge Casimir :
"[...] By the honor that I am receiving by the highest authorities of the State, I have the pleasure to say with satisfaction that I find myself climbing to this new level in this chamber of the courthouse. For my part, I appreciate this mark of confidence as the importance attached to the merit. I have joined the magistracy at this second degree, at the time where Haitian society is experiencing the rule of law as the perspective towards human development. [...] I have a long experience after leading the deanship of the Court of First Instance of Port-au-Prince for two years. I have learned to listen, and understand.

[...] It is with great pleasure that I find myself among you. I came to work, learn and collaborate. I come humbly and calmly put myself in your school and I intend to keep the same ardor, the same discipline which I had shown in the first degree. Honourable President, fellow judges of the court, you can already count on my righteousness and my discipline to make of the Court of Appeal of Port-au-Prince what it has always been: a court operating with efficiency and in order.

This modern pedagogy, which allows us to learn together, will have the virtue of resulting in progress to the quality of our work. The collegial is the level of the judiciary where the values are added and are the complement to review, revise and retry. So I will have at heart to put myself more each day, to the pace of excellence, to deserve your cooperation that I have the honor to request [...]"

No comments: