Thursday, June 30, 2011

photos - home rebuilding - part 16

Here is a distance view of Yonel's house. It looks high because the floor is raised up the height of canal. One of the cement bosses posed for the picture.


Yonel's house is almost the same height as the 2 story house further down the canal. During the earthquake most of the canal walls collapsed.


The British Red Cross is repairing the canal. Another story which I will have lots of pictures of because it has something to do with Yonel. Sort of a David and Goliath type battle! The battle isn't over yet. Yonel (David) needs a lot of prayer for his fight against Goliath (I won't identify who Goliath is yet)


Once the fine parging is done the house really is taking to form. We installed a door and it is almost ready to move in!



Here is one of the bosses doing some of the fine parging.

1 comment:

Marguerite Accede said...

I am exited to see my country is being rebuilt this here. I am going to Haiti this summer. I just called my brother, he told me my father's house is being repaired. A sincere thank for ONG and those who put their hands together to rebuild Haiti.