Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ARTICLE - GABRIEL FORTUNE - EXPLANATION

GABRIEL FORTUNE PROVIDES EXPLANATIONS ON HIS RESIGNATION
(Haiti Libre) -

Gabriel Fortuné, the Delegate of the South, who announced his resignation on February 11, followed by several twists and turns, reversing and confirming this resignation, puts an end to this "saga" and explains some of the reasons that have pushed him to resign, and put an end to the rumors and various speculations...

"...it is a reality that I resigned as a delegate. The President asked me for 20 days to be able to make arrangements [...] For now, I'm running current affairs for the delegation, and I have resumed my normal life of an engaged citizen; especially, that I am the co-head of a new political movement in the Southern Department, 'la Ligue Dessaliennes pour le Progrès d'Haïti' (Dessaliennes League for the Progress of Haiti). So it's always the same fight, the same commitment, the same dedication but I no longer hold political office as the Delegate of the South.

Firstly, I must say that I have no problem with the President of the Republic, who has shown greatness when he chose me personally as Delegate. Me too, I showed greatness when I accepted, compared to the history I had with the President when I was deputy...

However, the entourage of the President, for reasons unspoken, has serious problems with me ... The Ministry of the Interior;, in particular, Minister Thierry Mayard Paul, has fundamental problems with me. There are other people at the National Palace level, who are very well positioned, who also have problems with me, as Mrs. Champagne...

I came to help, just to help. I thought I could be helpful to my department, and especially helpful to President Martelly... [...] I have always asked him in correspondences, to make an opening of the political class [...] Unfortunately, the President and his entourage does not yet seem to understand that the only way to complete the transition is to make a democratic opening of the political class..."

No comments: