Friday, February 24, 2012

BUSY DAY

Today was a busy day. We got a lot of work done in the yard at cementing some areas. Kimosabee is still kaput and we have been going on long walks to find things we need at hardware stores:) Yesterday a canter truck backed up too far and crashed through our septic tank. I was inside the house when it happened and it was almost on its side with one wheel inside the collapsed septic tank. The driver looked at me and told me that it was my job to get him out of his predicament. The story had a happy ending. The guys are very strong and were able to lift, pry the wheel out of the hole and the truck was able to drive away undamaged :) Today's project was to repair the damage the truck did to our septic tank at the side of the house. The cement workers did a good job at fixing our "new septic tank". I have lots of pictures, including those of the truck's predicament but I am tired. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Life in Haiti is never dull :)
Karen

1 comment:

Rosalyn said...

Wow, that was a busy day. Glad there was a happy ending! Can't wait to see the pictures! Phil is stuck in Minneapolis because we are having a winter storm here. He doesn't know when he will be getting home yet.