Saturday, February 25, 2012

ARTICLE - MARTELLY MESSAGE TO NATION

MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT MARTELLY TO THE NATION

In a short message to the Nation [pre-recorded], the President of the Republic Michel Martelly, without giving any clues on the real causes of the resignation of his Prime Minister, has tried to reassure the population and foreign partners that the situation in Haiti was under control, and that a new Prime Minister would be designated soon...

Message from the President Martelly

Haitian People,

This morning, Prime Minister Garry Conille presented me his letter of resignation. I accepted it. I take this opportunity to thank him for his commitment. Of course, I regret that this resignation occurs in a context where the country is rebuilding.

But I want to reassure you, I have already contacted the Presidents of both Houses, who have already received a copy of this letter. We're committed to harmonize our efforts for a quick exit from this situation for a proposal of a new Prime Minister.

To partners both domestic and foreign, who want to invest in the country and create jobs, I ask them to remain calm. All arrangements are being taken by the State to fulfill its commitments vis-à-vis the population.

The Executive and Parliament are working to strengthen their relationship, as it should, and are already together for an immediate exit out of the crisis.

Haitian People, you know you can count on me, as I can count on you.

I made you promises, and I will respect them. Like it or not, the victory belongs to the people.

Thank you.

No comments: