Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada! This turkey in Paulna's village was not our thanksgiving dinner but a frozen turkey from Eagle Market was eaten by everyone here thanks to my sister Tanya and the rest of the Angels for Haiti team (Marlene, Teresa C., Holly and Sandra) :)
It has been a busy month with no time to post to the blog A recap of the highlights of the month are:
- preparing for the opening of another school year (around 100 students will be attending our program here at Coram Deo
- sponsoring 15 secondary students and 2university students
- sending 15 pastors and church workers to the Christian Reformed Ministry Centre for a 2-day Strategies of Transformation seminar.
- providing meals to mothers and babies at Bernard Mevs / Project Medishare Hospital for the neurosurgeries that took place for 35 hydrocephalus and spina bifida babies by a neurosurgery team from St. Louis
- setting up a community health program on the grounds of Coram Deo. Ed Amos, a physician's assistant no longer has a clinic over at Adoration Christian School and we jumped at the opportunity to ask him for his skills. As of yesterday, every Monday and Tuesday will be medical clinics, and every Wednesday and Thursday will be dental clinics.
- sending children to the orthopedic clinic run Cure at the Adventist Hospital in Carrefour
- hosting 2 medical clinics for Dr. Karen and her medical team last week from Jacksonville, Florida
As you can see we have a lot to be thankful for :)
This afternoon I am taking a bit of a break to update everyone on what has been happening. Lots of pictures and an update will follow!