Friday, March 16, 2012

ARTICLE - CHURCH DESECRATOR ARREST

ARREST OF DESECRATOR OF THE NOTRE-DAME CHURCH OF PETIT-GOAVE
(Defend Haiti) -

5 days after the desecration of the Catholic Church Notre-Dame de Petit-Goâve [on the night of March 9 to 10], the police arrested the perpetrator of that act for vandalism. This young man of about 26 years, is suffering, in all likelihood from a mental disorder. Noelson Jean Francois admitted his guilt.

In his deposition, the man admitted to be the perpetrator and having acted according to his convictions. "It is I, who have perpetrated this action [...] I have acted voluntarily, according to my firm belief [...] I entered into the church, and I messed it all with mud [...] I suffer in my body and my mind. I am persecuted, and my persecution comes from the Catholic Church [...] I will never ask forgiveness because I am not a coward..."

Jean Francois Noelson was jailed at the police station of Petit-Goâve, after his appearance Thursday, March 15, 2012, at the Prosecutor of the Court of First Instance of the city.

No comments: