Monday, March 23, 2015

Jacob Chery - Died March 22, 2015

Jacob died early Sunday evening in the hospital. He battled for his life but in the end he couldn't beat the septic infection or the malnutrition. We know that he is now with the Lord and suffering no more. His body started shutting down Saturday and when we saw this we knew the end was near. The doctors and nurses did the best job that they could to try and save his life. Please keep the family in prayer as they mourn the loss of a child. We are without internet service the last couple of days. As part of our cost cutting measures we eliminated the fiber optic internet and are using a USB jump stick internet. It hasn't worked well for the last 3 days. Pray we can get our internet problems solved. I am borrowing the internet box that Macdonald uses to send this message out.  I was sick Friday night with vomiting and diarrhea but that only lasted for one night. I am glad the sickness didn't last long because Sunday morning were the evaluations for the Broken Earth surgical team from Newfoundland at Bernard Mevs Hospital. In between ferrying patients to the hospital and bringing the children to church we spent the day running! 2 people got accepted for hernia surgeries, and 1 was chosen for an amputation surgery. I'll make a more detailed post of everything tomorrow hopefully. Please keep Haiti in prayer. A group of policemen came over today asking me to give them "encouragement" (money). Patrick, the police patrol leader said that he handled Ysmailles' case and was the one who did the report and brought the justice of the peace to do the paperwork. I didn't have anything to do with the police investigation part as that was handled by Jake and Ken and I was not kept in the loop of what was going on.  I told the police that I could encourage them with prayer and didn't have funds to give them. They asked me when they could come back. I told them they could visit anytime they would like :) They all had their weapons with them and I wasn't going to tell them not to come back :) Please pray for this situation. It is a very strange/dangerous situation that we are in the middle of.



No comments: